It’s always hard to shop for my mom. This year for her birthday, we created a custom photo book of our summer family reunion / vacation using iPhoto. This entire process took about three hours, using images from her Mobile Me Gallery and my own Flickr set of the trip. It takes awhile to create a book like this because you can do so many customizations! We used the “tropical” theme and the three photo image layout the most.
This is the second hardcover book we’ve ordered from Apple, and we were absolutely thrilled with the first one we ordered this summer. Digital photos are wonderful, but it’s also super to have a coffee table book like this to enjoy as well as share: No screens required! Now that my mom has learned how to create books like these, I’m betting she’ll create some more on her own of other holiday events and trips.
I’m an advocate for netbooks and Ubuntu for school 1:1 learning projects, but when it comes to creating products like this with multimedia, nothing compares to having a Mac. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- The Tyranny of Current Events - 2019
- January 15, 2016 iPad Workshop at Kansas State - 2015
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009
- Congrats to the 2008 EduBlog winners! - 2008