At the end of November I lamented HP’s tardiness in updating the Mac-compatible version of their scanning software for my HP PSC 1350 All-In-One printer / scanner / fax, in the post, “Pleased with Windows 7 default scanning functionality.” At the time, I could not find or figure out a way to scan with the PSC 1350 to one of our Apple computers at home which are all running OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, and had to resort to using Windows 7 on my Dell Netbook. (gasp!)
A few weeks ago, however, I learned the built-in Macintosh application “Preview” has a scanning option that does work with the HP PSC 1350. To access this functionality, from the FILE menu chose IMPORT FROM SCANNER and then the name of your scanner. It should appear in this list if it has been recognized by your Mac.
I feel a bit foolish for not having realized Apple has a built-in scanning program that I could use. Glad to know this for future reference, it certainly is a lot faster to scan with Preview than to download a 100+ MB program from HP to accomplish the same task. I was able to use the free program CombinePDFs to create a single PDF file with several scans I made today.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- January 15, 2016 iPad Workshop at Kansas State - 2015
- Podcast421: The 2014 EdTech Year in Review - 2014
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009
- Congrats to the 2008 EduBlog winners! - 2008