At the end of November I lamented HP’s tardiness in updating the Mac-compatible version of their scanning software for my HP PSC 1350 All-In-One printer / scanner / fax, in the post, “Pleased with Windows 7 default scanning functionality.” At the time, I could not find or figure out a way to scan with the PSC 1350 to one of our Apple computers at home which are all running OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, and had to resort to using Windows 7 on my Dell Netbook. (gasp!)
A few weeks ago, however, I learned the built-in Macintosh application “Preview” has a scanning option that does work with the HP PSC 1350. To access this functionality, from the FILE menu chose IMPORT FROM SCANNER and then the name of your scanner. It should appear in this list if it has been recognized by your Mac.
I feel a bit foolish for not having realized Apple has a built-in scanning program that I could use. Glad to know this for future reference, it certainly is a lot faster to scan with Preview than to download a 100+ MB program from HP to accomplish the same task. I was able to use the free program CombinePDFs to create a single PDF file with several scans I made today.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast421: The 2014 EdTech Year in Review - 2014
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009
- Congrats to the 2008 EduBlog winners! - 2008
- Nominate for the Twitter Shorty Awards - 2008