The grade 8 students at CSS are currently working on a large scale project dealing with the concept of WORLDVIEW, part of the Grade 8 curriculum in Alberta. As part of their study of worldview, the students have created a survey – with the hope of creating a picture of different people’s worldview from around the world.
The survey has just 19 questions, and took me only 3.5 minutes to thoughtfully complete. (All questions are multiple choice.)
Neil Stephenson is a teacher at CSS, and invited me to visit with some of their students last month over Skype as they started this project. Neil asked me to share this, and I’m glad to do so. More information about how the students worked to design these questions is also available.
On the topic of global perspectives, also remember the blog Global Voices Online is a great resource to utilize for bringing diverse global perspectives and voices into your classroom on a daily basis!
Kudos to the students and teachers at CSS for embarking on this project, and being willing to share their results with the world!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 5 Lessons Learned for iPad Event Videographers Publishing to YouTube - 2013
- Oklahoma Educators, EduLeaders, and Edu Organizations on Twitter #EdCampOKC - 2011
- iPhoneography Apps for Capture, Editing and Upload / Sharing - 2011
- Misunderstanding Information Abundance at Oklahoma State University - 2011
- I Need My Teachers To Learn 2.0 - 2010
- Contrasting recent Oklahoma City and Winnipeg morning radio coverage about education - 2009
- Lessons learned about podcasting microphones - 2008
- Political Fireworks in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2008
- Blog widow? - 2007
- Say YES to creativity in 2007 - 2007