The EduTopia video “YES Prep Boasts a College-Bound Culture” is right on target: Helping students “picture themselves” at college, develop the goal orientation which leads to college attendance as well as the SKILLS required for success in college all start with face-to-face visits to different university campuses.
This video inspires me to think about setting up college visits for my own children as I have opportunities to travel with them this year. It’s never too early (or late) to talk with each other about our goals and dreams for learning and our lives.
All the videos available via EduTopia are phenomenal. I’m going to be utilizing a lot of them in my T4T (Technology 4 Teachers) class this semester at the University of Central Oklahoma. Class starts for us Wednesday – Yikes! My course materials are not complete yet… but will be soon!
Learn more about YesPrep on EduTopia’s page, “The Yes Prep Story.”
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- EdCampOKC 2013 Organizer Meeting January 10th [ARCHIVED VIDEO] - 2013
- Quality Counts Education State Reports: $5 Each?! - 2011
- iPhone Mobile Hotspot Capability Coming with iOS 4.3? - 2011
- Time Tracking (time sheet) App for iPhone - 2011
- Observations about Organizational Blogging and Social Media Use - 2011
- Riddikulus! @newsok Please change your policy locking up your archives to paying customers only - 2010
- Oklahoma City NAACP Freedom Center Needs Funds to Remain Open - 2010
- Showing full length copyrighted movies for leadership class - 2010
- Wanted: PhotoDropper Macintosh Application - 2009
- It is time to drastically slash the number of state educational standards - 2009