This weekend my son and I attended the 33rd annual Trappers’ Rendezvous near Newton, Kansas, along with about 4500 others. I created the following as a new entry in the “Tell a Story in 5 Pictures for Educators” Flickr group, using five of the 165 photos I published this afternoon after we returned. Alexander found an abandoned deer leg (strangely a popular item to trade among the Boy Scouts present) and “traded it up” for turkey feathers and then a railroad spike. The resident blacksmith graciously turned it into a hook, suitable for impersonating Captain Hook at an upcoming Halloween party or other similar festive occasion.
The hook was certainly a better souvenir of the weekend to bring home than a deer leg!
Please join and submit your own entries to “Tell a Story with 5 Photos for Educators!” I’m sharing this open project (among many other things) tomorrow for teachers in Frontier Public Schools (Oklahoma) in a presentation I’ve titled, “Quick Victories for 1:1 Classrooms.”
H/T to Marco Torres for the term “Quick Victories” used in this context.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Jan 18: Creating Multimedia eBooks - 2013
- Oklahoma City PS Students: Enroll in Virtual Classes for Fall 2013 by Feb 8th - 2013
- Supplemental Oklahoma Rules for K-12 Online Courses - 2012
- Avoiding AT&T's Ridiculous iPhone Data Fees by Switching to T-Mobile - 2012
- Is it right to decide to make your children famous? - 2011
- “Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Connected Learning Communities: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Storychasing the 2010 Trappers Rendezvous - 2010
- Update about the PodStock 2010 Conference - 2010
- Get creative when the blogging light is lit - 2010