This weekend my son and I attended the 33rd annual Trappers’ Rendezvous near Newton, Kansas, along with about 4500 others. I created the following as a new entry in the “Tell a Story in 5 Pictures for Educators” Flickr group, using five of the 165 photos I published this afternoon after we returned. Alexander found an abandoned deer leg (strangely a popular item to trade among the Boy Scouts present) and “traded it up” for turkey feathers and then a railroad spike. The resident blacksmith graciously turned it into a hook, suitable for impersonating Captain Hook at an upcoming Halloween party or other similar festive occasion.
The hook was certainly a better souvenir of the weekend to bring home than a deer leg!
Please join and submit your own entries to “Tell a Story with 5 Photos for Educators!” I’m sharing this open project (among many other things) tomorrow for teachers in Frontier Public Schools (Oklahoma) in a presentation I’ve titled, “Quick Victories for 1:1 Classrooms.”
H/T to Marco Torres for the term “Quick Victories” used in this context.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Inside and Outside Digital Sharing - 2016
- Sock Drawer Puppets: An Interview with Ashli Shockley - 2015
- Download & Use Vine Videos in iPad Media Projects - 2015
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Jan 18: Creating Multimedia eBooks - 2013
- Oklahoma City PS Students: Enroll in Virtual Classes for Fall 2013 by Feb 8th - 2013
- Supplemental Oklahoma Rules for K-12 Online Courses - 2012
- Avoiding AT&T's Ridiculous iPhone Data Fees by Switching to T-Mobile - 2012
- Is it right to decide to make your children famous? - 2011
- “Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Connected Learning Communities: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age #teach21esc16 - 2011