I received the following email from SlideShare today, regarding my Slideshare account in 2009. I am not sure I can comprehend 27,080 views of 13 presentations.
There were probably 20 people at most who attended my Copyright for Educators session at ITSC 2009 in Portland, Oregon, last year face-to-face. Of the 9000+ views of that one presentation and “slidecast” (meaning recorded, synchronized audio is also available with the slides) I have no idea how many people watched the entire session online. The fact that over 9000 people at least started to watch the session is still remarkable, however, particularly considering the fact I shared this preso FREE on SlideShare.
These statistics, along with my podcast download statistics from PodPress, strengthen the perception I’ve had for years that educators today (myself included) tend to undervalue the potential impact of asynchronously posted / shared media content.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Documenting the 2014 Trapper's Rendezvous with iPhone Video - 2014
- Lessons Learned Using Puppet Pals on iPads in an After School Program - 2012
- What's So Common About Common Core? - 2012
- Classroom Management, Effective Instruction, and Student Motivation by Mark Mcleod - 2012
- A Call to Increase the Volume of our Profession in Educational Politics - 2012
- The Best Political Spin Money Can Buy - 2012
- Averting USB Famines - 2011
- A reminder to address and stop cyberbullying - RE: Cry of the Dolphins - 2010
- AT&T Virtual Receptionist - the reason Apple killed Google Voice on the iPhone? - 2010
- iPhone Ustream and ISTE on Facebook - 2009