I received the following email from SlideShare today, regarding my Slideshare account in 2009. I am not sure I can comprehend 27,080 views of 13 presentations.
There were probably 20 people at most who attended my Copyright for Educators session at ITSC 2009 in Portland, Oregon, last year face-to-face. Of the 9000+ views of that one presentation and “slidecast” (meaning recorded, synchronized audio is also available with the slides) I have no idea how many people watched the entire session online. The fact that over 9000 people at least started to watch the session is still remarkable, however, particularly considering the fact I shared this preso FREE on SlideShare.
These statistics, along with my podcast download statistics from PodPress, strengthen the perception I’ve had for years that educators today (myself included) tend to undervalue the potential impact of asynchronously posted / shared media content.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 10 Things I Learned Teaching A Full Day iPad Workshop - 2015
- Thanks OKeducationTruths (Rick Cobb) For Your Courage & Leadership - 2015
- Documenting the 2014 Trapper's Rendezvous with iPhone Video - 2014
- Lessons Learned Using Puppet Pals on iPads in an After School Program - 2012
- What's So Common About Common Core? - 2012
- Classroom Management, Effective Instruction, and Student Motivation by Mark Mcleod - 2012
- A Call to Increase the Volume of our Profession in Educational Politics - 2012
- The Best Political Spin Money Can Buy - 2012
- Averting USB Famines - 2011
- A reminder to address and stop cyberbullying - RE: Cry of the Dolphins - 2010