Students in my Technology 4 Teachers (T4T) course are creating short VoiceThread digital stories as their first “miniproject” this semester. To assist them (and potentially help you) I created a seven-part screencast series this evening, demonstrating how to find copyright friendly images (using CompFight and FlickrStorm) as well as how to use VoiceThread to create a basic digital story. I need to continue thanking David Jakes for first introducing me to Flickr Storm, as well as inspiring me regularly with his wealth of digital storytelling resources and experiences. This is the VoiceThread (“Why I Love Severe Weather“) I created this evening for these screencasts.
One of the project options I’ve given my students for this VoiceThread assignment is contributing to the Great Book Stories project. You’re welcome to not only view and use the 60+ stories already in “Great Book Stories,” but also contribute your own! In addition to embedding these screencasts here, I also shared these on our T4T FAQ blog. I also cross-posted these to my YouTube channel, which is something the free screencasting website Screenr automates with just a few mouse clicks. (If Screenr goes away, it’s good to know these screencasts are still available somewhere else too!)
7 – Embedding a VoiceThread on Blogger – (cross-posted to YouTube)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- App Smash: Google Slides to Explain Everything to YouTube - 2016
- Thanks to Donors Choose Supporters of Classroom Sphero Project - 2015
- A Saturday Filled with Media Creation and #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Audio Podcasts Online for Technology Leadership: PLNs, Vision & PD - 2011
- Latest Facebook Situation in Nashville Highlights Need for Social Media Guidelines in Schools - 2010
- Google Docs is NOT "clunky old PC software" - 2010
- Creativity, Interruptions, Boundaries and Leadership - 2009
- Reflections on EduCon 2.1 via an EdTechTalk Webcast - 2009
- Numeracy and Reading Development with the iPhone Weather App - 2009
- Digital Citizenship Q&A Round #2 - 2008