The last two days we’ve been hit by an ice and snow storm here in central Oklahoma. Thankfully we have not lost electricity where we live, but many Oklahomans have not been so fortunate. Snow days (as Thursday and Friday were for both Oklahoma City Public Schools and Edmond Public Schools) are MUCH less fun without heat in your house. This morning before things started to melt a bit, my six year old and I enjoyed a sledding run down our street, which we documented with our flash-based camcorder / camera. One of our golden retrievers accompanied us on our run. Since this video was over 90 seconds long I published it to YouTube. I published the rest of our video and images from today to Flickr.
Last February in the opening keynote for the eTechOhio conference, I shared a similar video which I took with my son as part of my presentation introduction. Taking and sharing “on the sled videos” has become a winter tradition for us! (If you just have to do something twice to call it “a tradition!”)
I continue to be amazed by the “publish at will” environment in which those who are digitally connected today can live. It is both sad and instructive that so many of our schools continue to operate as if this environment of video and media sharing does not exist and will simply go away if it is ignored long enough.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Initial Minecraft Competition World Created with MCEdit - 2014
- Create Multiple Audioboo Channels with the Same Gmail Address - 2013
- Nice Cat (An amazing story of encouragement for artistic creativity) - 2013
- Going Mobile with WordPress and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - 2012
- StoryRobe + ReelDirector = Hybrid Mobile Video #edapps - 2011
- Digital Witness to President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Opening minds about cell phones for learning - 2008
- Vista is out, but do educators care? - 2007
- Oklahoma videoconferencing in USA Today - 2007
- iWeb blog interface - 2006