Great thoughts about why we should CHOOSE teaching from Gail Lovely:
To be a teacher — choose it as a calling, not a job.
Choose it to do something meaningful and powerful, with rewards only you might notice.
Choose it to be a role model.
Choose to be a teacher because you love learning.
Choose to be a teacher because you love learners.
Choose to be a teacher because you cannot imagine anything else so wonderful!
Catch up with Gail by following her on Twitter. I had a wonderful opportunity today to visit with Gail both during Darren Kuropatwa’s afternoon workshop session (quietly of course) and a bit this evening at our METC dinner. Her husband IS a real rocket scientist. Who knew? Her decision to share the quoted thoughts above on her homepage speaks volumes about her values as an educator and change agent for engaged learning.
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- An #etmooc Distributed Digital Storytelling Activity about Beauty - 2013
- Embed a MP3 Audio File in a WordPress.com Blog Post - 2012
- Face the Facebook: Implications and Consequences for Educators Using Social Media by Colin Webb - 2012
- Harnessing the Digital Landscape by David Warlick - 2012
- Look at Me Now! Changing the Face of Professional Development - 2012
- Learning About Notetaking on the iPad at @thedivorg via @ipadwithwes - 2012
- The Story of 1:1 Learning in Tupelo, Mississippi #msmeca11 - 2011
- Podcasting & Mobile Media for Teaching & Learning by Larry Anderson #msmeca11 - 2011
- Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs #msmeca11 - 2011
- Telling a story with Google Search queries - 2010