I’m catching up on my Flickr media posting this evening as we watch the Olympics, and just uploaded 146 photos and videos from the METC conference this past week in St Louis. Here are a few of my favorites!
The biggest highlight for me at METC 2010 was definitely being able to meet Darren Kuropatwa at last face-to-face, and spend some good time together over coffee and food. I’ve known and worked with Darren for four years, since K-12 Online began in 2006, and it was superb to get to visit in St Louis this week.
Did you know Darren was so tall?!
My 9 year old daughter and I finished reading and listening to the book, “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief” on our drive up to St Louis last Sunday, and she had fun role-playing Annebeth at the St Louis arch on Wednesday! We weren’t able to buy a NY Yankee’s ball cap for her monologue at the arch, but I think it’s still quite believable!
One of my favorite iPhone applications continues to be Pano, and I had a lot of fun with it in St Louis. These were some images Pano stitched together for me at the top of the St Louis arch!
This was our METC keynote/spotlight speaker dinner on Monday night. What a special time to get to meet and visit with this super group of folks! Sarah had fun too!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Inspired by Ohio Student Interactive Scratch Games - 2018
- Publishing Student Videos with a Shared YouTube Account - 2016
- Join via Videoconference: Mapping Media Part 2 (Spring 2014) - 2014
- Online Petition: Oklahoma City Public Schools Must Adopt Balanced Internet Content Filtering Policies - 2012
- 5th Graders Develop Problem Solving Skills with Lego WeDo Robotics - 2012
- Set Up a Moderated Class Blog on Posterous - 2011
- Beware of Inappropriate Ads on Free Classroom Websites - 2011
- Podcast371: Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs - 2011
- Planning outline for METC 2010 keynote - 2010
- Scan at higher resolutions with Preview on your Mac - 2010