When you are using home grown media in voice thread do you just leave the link blank for every picture, since there is not a link for them?
If you want to provide a credit link to your own website, you certainly can do that. Sometimes I use images I posted on Flickr, and then provide the link back to that photo. When you provide an attribution link like that for others, you are permitting them to get more information about the source of the image. I’ve had people contact me via Flickr and ask to use my photos in commercial print publications as well as online journals / blogs. When it’s your image, it’s up to you. You might want to “claim” it, however, so others will know exactly who owns it and where it came from!
This evening my 6 year old wrote a short 4 page story, and we recorded her reading it using VoiceThread. Since I posted these images to my own Flickr account, in a new Flickr “set,” I was able to readily import these into VoiceThread and it AUTOMATICALLY made those attribution links for me! This is really slick. This also works for other media you directly link to within Flickr, like the NY Library which has thousands of available images.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Digital Literacy (for iPad wielding learners in Dodge City, Kansas) - 2014
- GeoMap Comparison of Cellular Data Speeds Between OKC and Dodge City - 2014
- Remembering the Importance of Creativity in a High Stakes Testing School Culture - 2013
- Options & Tips for Migrating a Posterous site to WordPress, Tumblr, or Posthaven - 2013
- Teacher Blog Controversy in Pennsylvania Points to Need for Social Media Guidelines - 2011
- Photo Geotagging Poses Privacy Risks, But Is NOT a Reason for Panic - 2011
- Will Race to the Top Hurt Kids and Make Charter School Entrepreneurs Rich? - 2010
- Tips to be a better blogger - 2010
- Marco Torres Keynote: ITSC 2009 Portland - 2009
- Feedback via Gabcast, VoiceThread and Qik from ITSC 2009 - 2009