If you haven’t seen the 30 second Intel advertisement, “Sponsors of Tomorrow,” check it out now. It’s an effective teaser video for the life work of Ajay Bhatt at Intel, where he currently serves as “Chief Client Platform Architect.” Ajay is the the co-inventor of USB.
I referenced this in my presentation last Monday, “Communicating in the Digital Age.” Along with the newly announced “Computer Engineer” Barbie, perhaps media campaigns like Intel’s as well as toys will help change student perceptions about how COOL it is to be a geek.
The theme of the PodStock 2010 education conference in Wichita, Kansas is, “I Wanna Be a Technology Rock Star!”
Boy Scout camp in Colorado at Camp Alexander will keep me from attending PodStock this year, but I wish I could be there! How many of the learners in your school want to be technology rock stars?! Perhaps you could share and discuss this video about Ajay Bhatt and help students understand there are “stars” in our society BESIDES sports stars. With all the recent, negative press Tiger Woods has created, this might be a valuable way to re-direct student “star” attention, at least for awhile.
I learned about the “Sponsors of Tomorrow” video by reading the November 2009 FastCompany article, “Intel Risks It All (Again.)” I’ve added this video to my “Videos for PD” blog page under the “humor” category.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Share eBook Highlights from iBooks - 2017
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Podcast340: On board the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus in Yukon, Oklahoma (interview with Ryan L’Esperance) - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Podcast339: Communicating in the Digital Age (Presentation for Pioneer Library System Librarians) - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008