Jesse Thomas designed and animated the 4 minute video “The State of The Internet” for his presentation at AIGA Baltimore in February 2010. The style is very similar to the “Did You Know” video series. The statistics which blew me away are the numbers for Facebook sharing, as well as botnet / zombie computer growth. Yikes. There’s never been a better time to run a Mac or Ubuntu!
H/T to Tony Vincent via his delicious links for sharing “The State of The Internet.” I was delighted to learn Vimeo auto-detects the iPhone’s Safari web browser and provides an iPhone-compatible version of videos for mobile viewing, as YouTube does for many videos. I subscribe to updates from my own delicous network (of which Tony is a member!) and originally saw the video on my iPhone, after seeing the link in my Google Reader education feeds.
It’s hard to believe the pace of technologically driven change appears to be “only” just heating up.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Podcast303: Transforming Pedagogy in NZ Schools, Duck Hunting in Hobbiton, the Easy Talk Microphone, and Kid Witness News - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Mobile Phone Media Collection and VoiceThread - 2008
- Podcast134: Eric Langhorst on Teaching History with 21st Century Technology - 2007