Here in the creative state of Oklahoma, many educational leaders are eagerly awaiting the award announcements for our state ARRA / TitleIID 1:1 learning grants: The 1:1 Digital Classroom Project.
The original award date for these grants, which were due on January 15, 2010, was February 18, 2010.
That date was apparently wrong, as February 25th was the NEW date I understood (from various communications with others) as the actual announcement date. I learned last week, however, that the announcement date has been moved back to March 25, 2010. This is shown on the Oklahoma SDE’s TitleIID website:
I’m not sure why this announcement date has been moved back, but I’m sure it has caused many Oklahoma school district leaders to be even more anxious. The timeline for this project is very aggressive, and awarded schools are expected to begin their 1:1 implementations with students at the start of the 2010-2011 academic year. Despite this change in the timeline, I’m hopeful we’ll see positive 1:1 learning results from these federal stimulus dollars.
My notes from the November 30th and December 1st, 2009, events in Oklahoma City focusing on this grant initiative are available on my blog by searching for the tag #ok1to1.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to Setup a Google Hangout On Air (March 2015) - 2015
- iAuthor an iBook: Creating iBooks on the iPad by Meg Wilson - 2013
- Curriculum Stories with StopMotion Animation by Jan Cosmos - 2013
- Creative Digital Art Projects that put STEAM into STEM by Tricia Fuglestad - 2013
- Digital Storytelling: Get It Write! by Joe Brennan - 2013
- Creating a Worldwide Literacy Community by Pam Allyn - 2013
- Infusing the Arts in the Common Core by Carol Broos - 2013
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter incompatible with Tandberg DVI Cable - 2011
- Top 10 Education Apps for iPod Touch and iPhone - 2010
- Save hard drive space with custom MS Office installation options - 2010