I tried to use voice memo on my iphone to upload voice comments to my VoiceThread, but its telling me that to do this I have to upgrade my VoiceThread account and pay for it. What other options do I have?
The screenshot above highlights your five options. These are visible in VoiceThread when you click the COMMENT link under a photo.
- Record a voice comment with a microphone connected to your computer.
- Type a text comment with the keyboard.
- Upload an audio or video comment you record with another website or program. (Drop.io is a free phonecasting service you can use, or Audacity is a free audio recording program that will work. Either way you’ll want to get a mp3 audio file, and then upload that to VoiceThread.) Your iPhone memo recorder works too, but you’ll have to sync your iPhone to iTunes, find the Voice Memo playlist which iTunes automatically creates, and then drag the recorded memo to your desktop or other location where you can subsequently find it / upload it. See below for upgrade options, if you register for the FREE educator account you can (I think) upload audio and video.
- Use a computer webcam to record a video comment.
- Use a phone to directly record a comment. That was the option you tried, and as you discovered only 3 minutes are provided for free. Use one or more of the other five options listed here to comment.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- First STEM seeds Show: Monday March 3, 2014 - 2014
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- Normalize Audio Recordings Before Publishing a Podcast - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010
- Netbooks prove cloud computing is a reality - 2009
- Gabcast phone recording no longer free - 2009