The folks at Penguin books have been doing some imagineering, inspired by the soon-to-be released iPad:
The imminent launch of the iPad has galvanized our children’s publishing teams to think about how the work they publish can be reinvented for devices where touch and sound and movement can enhance stories and provide a rich engaging experience for children raised as digital natives. The video below doesn’t show real working applications, or even prototypes – more they are imaginings of the things we think we might be able to do and perhaps will be doing. Look out for them in an app store near you soon…
I can’t wait to see what my kids are going to be able to draw on the iPad with Brushes! (I’ll just have to figure out how to get a F2F or virtual teacher for them, since I’m a poor artist and don’t know how to use Brushes well…. yet!)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google - 2016
- Workflow: Moderate Student Email-Posted Videos to YouTube - 2015
- No-Edit Audio Podcasting Videoconference (referenced links) - 2014
- A Story about Web Accountability and Club Penguin - 2013
- Brookstone Mini-Projector for iPhone4 - 2012
- All bloggers are not scrape blog pirates - 2011
- High Stakes Testing Must End in the USA - 2011
- Local Advocacy Update in Alabama by Bruce Ellard - 2011
- 2011 Alabama Legislative Session Update (10 March) - 2011
- Oklahoma City Podcasting Club - March 2010 Meeting Notes - 2010