This podcast from the road features an interview with 12 year old Alexander, who discusses several of his favorite applications and games for the iPod Touch and iPhone. These include InstaPaper, Pandora’s Box, Doodle Jump, F.A.S.T., Civilization Revolution, A Doodle Fly, Angry Birds, Eliminate Pro, and Bloons TD. Alexander shared a summary of each application, described why he likes it, and also reflected on the design elements for mobile games more generally which stand out from the crowd for him.
- Alexander’s Favorite iPod Touch Apps List (on Appolicious)
- Podcast341: Discussing Fan Fiction, Harry Potter Stories, and InstaPaper for the iPod Touch
- InstaPaper (for the iPod Touch and iPhone)
- Pandora’s Box
- Doodle Jump
- F.A.S.T. (better than Top Gun)
- Civilization Revolution
- A Doodle Fly
- Angry Birds
- Eliminate Pro
- Bloons TD
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Setting Up Google Cloud Printing at School - 2016
- Mourning the Untimely Death of Gigaom - 2015
- iPhone Charging Mystery Solved: Pocket Lint Was The Culprit - 2015
- Oklahoma Students Reflect on Scratch Projects at Scratch Camp (March 2013) - 2013
- Let's Believe in Kids and Teachers as Creative Digital Makers, Not Just Passive Consumers - 2013
- Volunteer Your Site to Host a Summer 2011 Storychasers’ Workshop - 2011
- Digital Footprints Can Include PDF Authorship Details - 2011
- Podcast341: Discussing Fan Fiction, Harry Potter Stories, and InstaPaper for the iPod Touch - 2010
- Podcast308: A Long Overdue Personal and Professional Life Update (March 2009) - 2009
- The value of comment moderation and feedback from a social media audience - 2009