This podcast from the road features an interview with 12 year old Alexander, who discusses several of his favorite applications and games for the iPod Touch and iPhone. These include InstaPaper, Pandora’s Box, Doodle Jump, F.A.S.T., Civilization Revolution, A Doodle Fly, Angry Birds, Eliminate Pro, and Bloons TD. Alexander shared a summary of each application, described why he likes it, and also reflected on the design elements for mobile games more generally which stand out from the crowd for him.
- Alexander’s Favorite iPod Touch Apps List (on Appolicious)
- Podcast341: Discussing Fan Fiction, Harry Potter Stories, and InstaPaper for the iPod Touch
- InstaPaper (for the iPod Touch and iPhone)
- Pandora’s Box
- Doodle Jump
- F.A.S.T. (better than Top Gun)
- Civilization Revolution
- A Doodle Fly
- Angry Birds
- Eliminate Pro
- Bloons TD
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Adult Identity and the "I Can't Use Technology Well" Introduction - 2019
- Setting Up Google Cloud Printing at School - 2016
- Mourning the Untimely Death of Gigaom - 2015
- iPhone Charging Mystery Solved: Pocket Lint Was The Culprit - 2015
- Oklahoma Students Reflect on Scratch Projects at Scratch Camp (March 2013) - 2013
- Let's Believe in Kids and Teachers as Creative Digital Makers, Not Just Passive Consumers - 2013
- Volunteer Your Site to Host a Summer 2011 Storychasers’ Workshop - 2011
- Digital Footprints Can Include PDF Authorship Details - 2011
- Podcast341: Discussing Fan Fiction, Harry Potter Stories, and InstaPaper for the iPod Touch - 2010
- Podcast308: A Long Overdue Personal and Professional Life Update (March 2009) - 2009