You can choose to use Google Reader Play on ALL your subscriptions, or just for a particular folder / category.
As you can see at the bottom of the image below, many of the latest “education” category blogs to which I subscribe don’t include images. Google Reader Play automatically includes (apparently) the first image used in a post as its identifying icon at the bottom of the screen. Here’s another reason to include photos in posts! I’ve tried to do that in MOST of my posts this term for our class “frequently asked questions blog” in Technology 4 Teachers.
My favorite tool for including Creative Commons licensed images in WordPress blog posts is the Photo Dropper plugin. I like how it provides the attribution links below each image. I can’t access it within Mars Edit when I write posts offline, but it’s readily accessible within a blank draft post within a browser. I actually use a deprecated WordPress blog I still maintain (Talking Science) for this purpose frequently.
My next-favorite image-finding tool (and one I use all the time for presentation images) is CompFight… speaking of which, I’ve got to get back to using that site! I’ve got a presentation to finalize before tomorrow’s flights to Florida! Palm Beach County here I come! 🙂
I’m willing to wager Google Reader Play will be wonderful on a tablet. Charlie Sorrel (writing for Wired) agrees.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 4 Free WordPress Plugins to Reduce Comment Spam - 2014
- Add Music to iPad Stopmotion Videos with YouTube Capture - 2014
- Yukon Review Covers Spring Break 2013 Oklahoma Scratch Camp - 2013
- Open Access Crimes - 2012
- John Dewey on Playing with Ideas - 2012
- Digital Citizenship Lesson from Gilbert Gottfried: The (former) Voice of the Aflac Duck - 2011
- iPad as an Interactive White Board for $5 or $10 - 2011
- Thoughts on health care reform and corporate lobbying power - 2010
- Moving cheese and rollercoasters - 2008
- Strange iPod game sync issue - 2007