Flip camcorders and other flash-based video cameras are not new (relatively speaking in the technology world) but this Friday was still the first time I’d seen one mounted to a tripod to record a conference session.
The biggest challenge of video recording in sessions like this, I’ve found, is getting good audio quality. The built-in microphone in a flash-based camcorder or even an iPhone is just not very good when you are located a long distance from a speaker.
I’ll be interested to see how the quality of this video turns out. (This was during a session for administrators at #pbtechconf this Friday.)
The next flash-based video camera I buy will most likely be a KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera, because it has an external microphone jack. Marco Torres recommended this camera a year ago when I heard him speak at ITSC in Portland, and that was several months before the camera actually became available for sale! Feedback from others who have purchased the Zi8 has been very positive.
I think the videographer in our session had a great hat!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Advice for Responding to and Protecting Against Phishing Email Attacks - 2019
- Visualize Tweets on a Map with Avian for AppleTV - 2017
- FaceTime Connection During a Tornado Warning - 2015
- Oklahomans Against High Stakes Testing Worship - 2012
- Unwrapping Common Core State Standards and Unit Planning (Deer Creek Public Schools) - 2012
- Forget the iPad - The MacBook Wheel is what you really want - 2010
- The Thursday Folder and Worksheet Measured Learning - 2009
- Join the Digital Literacy debate - Live! - 2009
- Exploring differences in preteen social networking sites - 2008
- Blogs, Wikis, District Polices, Walled Gardens and the Open Web - 2008