Last night I had the great privilege of webcasting with the Seedlings (Bob Sprankle, Cheryl Oakes and Alice Barr) LIVE from the podcave of Bob Sprankle! This was a “magical” show, to say the least! Check out the archived show on Bit by Bit.If you’re unfamiliar with the term “podcave,” check out Tim Wilson’s Christmas Eve 2005 post, “The Podcave (an update.)” Bob uses the snowflake microphone, and Nicecast to record/archive webcasts. Bob had “monitoring” turned on, so we could hear ourselves as we recorded, and it was amazing what a difference this made. I’m afraid we were a bit giddy as we anticipated the arrival of the iPad on Saturday!
In addition to discussing this “magical” upcoming event from Apple, we also discussed some serious issues including “Race To the Top.” What a great treat to spend time online with Bob, Cheryl, Alice, and our participants in the chat room!
Another virtual event we learned about which related to our iPad discussions is Tony Vincent’s upcoming iPad Party Saturday, April 3 at noon Pacific Time.” If you’re online tomorrow, join Tony for some iPad magic.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 15 Minute Snapchat 101 Tutorial - 2016
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- Family member tribute digital stories - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- Podcast143: The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education (Paul Resta) - 2007
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007