Last night I had the great privilege of webcasting with the Seedlings (Bob Sprankle, Cheryl Oakes and Alice Barr) LIVE from the podcave of Bob Sprankle! This was a “magical” show, to say the least! Check out the archived show on Bit by Bit.If you’re unfamiliar with the term “podcave,” check out Tim Wilson’s Christmas Eve 2005 post, “The Podcave (an update.)” Bob uses the snowflake microphone, and Nicecast to record/archive webcasts. Bob had “monitoring” turned on, so we could hear ourselves as we recorded, and it was amazing what a difference this made. I’m afraid we were a bit giddy as we anticipated the arrival of the iPad on Saturday!
In addition to discussing this “magical” upcoming event from Apple, we also discussed some serious issues including “Race To the Top.” What a great treat to spend time online with Bob, Cheryl, Alice, and our participants in the chat room!
Another virtual event we learned about which related to our iPad discussions is Tony Vincent’s upcoming iPad Party Saturday, April 3 at noon Pacific Time.” If you’re online tomorrow, join Tony for some iPad magic.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 15 Minute Snapchat 101 Tutorial - 2016
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- Family member tribute digital stories - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- Podcast143: The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education (Paul Resta) - 2007
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007