This is a bummer. I haven’t seen a compelling reason to upgrade to Keynote ’09. Looks like Apple wants to make one for iPad users.
I tried presenting from my iPad with Keynote and the iPad VGA adapter last Wednesday in Iowa. I was underwhelmed. Keynote for iPad does not support hyperlinks, which I use often in presentations. I also was disappointed there wasn’t a way to import a video clip on my iPad in videos into Keynote. I was hoping to see if I could get videos to play within Keynote on the iPad by importing an existing presentation I had made on my Mac previously, which has embedded videos. I was able to copy the presentation file to my iPad using iTunes, but when I tried to open it on the iPad in Keynote I got the above error.
Does anyone know if Keynote on the iPad presently will support / play embedded videos?
I was able to import my Keynote ’08 presos onto my iPad by first uploading them to Google Docs, and then viewing the preso on the iPad in Safari. When I chose to download the Google preso in PPT format, Safari displayed it and gave an option to open it in Keynote. That was a button in the upper right corner of the browser window. It would also be possible to work around this by exporting from Keynote ’08 into PPT and then using iTunes to import the file onto the iPad.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comparing Sharing Spaces: Google Classroom and SeeSaw - 2017
- The Post-PC Age is Upon Us - 2013
- Teaching with an iPad in Minnesota About Playing With Media - 2012
- How to automatically publish blog posts to a Facebook page - 2011
- Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity - 2010
- Quickly make a PowerPoint slideshow with 200+ photos - 2010
- Help make EduBloggerCon09 fantastic: Join the live conversation Saturday! - 2009
- Podcast243: Solutions for High School Reform Efforts in the United States (Part 1) - 2008
- Meaningfully addressing underage alcohol drinking - 2008
- Tips for avoiding identity theft - 2008