My wife needs an auto-advancing PowerPoint slideshow for our church services this Sunday, which will include 205 photos of her preschoolers and nursery staff at work and play. She wants a 3 second delay on each photo. I’m not sure if there is a faster way to do this, but these are the steps I followed to create her presentation in about 15 minutes using Keynote and PowerPoint 2008 for Mac. You can’t do these steps, as far as I could figure, using just PowerPoint. This is yet another example of why Keynote ROCKS.
First, I copied all 205 JPG images into a new folder on the computer’s desktop.
Second, I opened a blank Keynote presentation.
Fourth, I chose FILE – EXPORT and saved the slideshow in PowerPoint format. (Our church uses Windows computers with PowerPoint and doesn’t have Keynote, so that’s why we needed to make this in PPT format.)
Fifth, I opened the file in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac, and clicked to view all 205 slides in slide sorter view.
Sixth, I chose SLIDESHOW – TRANSITIONS and clicked OPTIONS. I was then able to choose AUTO ADVANCE and set the interval to 3 seconds.
Last, I saved the file and burned a CD of it to use at church Sunday.
I was thrilled to NOT have to individually create separate presentation slides and insert each photo individually. Batch-creation options like this are GREAT. 🙂
Do you know of another way to do this quickly, either on a Windows computer or a Mac?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comparing Sharing Spaces: Google Classroom and SeeSaw - 2017
- The Post-PC Age is Upon Us - 2013
- Teaching with an iPad in Minnesota About Playing With Media - 2012
- How to automatically publish blog posts to a Facebook page - 2011
- Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity - 2010
- No iPad Keynote Importing for Keynote '08 - 2010
- Help make EduBloggerCon09 fantastic: Join the live conversation Saturday! - 2009
- Podcast243: Solutions for High School Reform Efforts in the United States (Part 1) - 2008
- Meaningfully addressing underage alcohol drinking - 2008
- Tips for avoiding identity theft - 2008