On her Weebly-powered project website, “Freeze-n-Read 4 Libraries… 4.17.10 @ 4pm everywhere” she writes:
Libraries Are Cool! If you think so, too… Freeze-n-Read on Saturday, April 17th at 4:00pm! Set your alarm now to Freeze wherever you are and chill with a good book in support of libraries!
A FAQ about the Freeze-n-Read project is available, and if you take part the project organizers invite you to email in a photo of your freeze-n-read participation! The project is dedicated to Fabrarians:
…the fabulous librarians who are bravely transforming libraries in the rapidly changing 21st century!
If you’re a Fabrarian, an aspiring Fabrarian, or know a Fabrarian, be sure to check out the following FREE K-12 Online Conference presentations about literacy, librarians and libraries in the 21st century.
Donna Desroches and Carlene Walter shared “Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership” in the 2008 K-12 Online Conference.
Every school and community desperately needs energetic, passionate, and visionary librarians like these. I was inspired last week in Iowa by Shannon Miller‘s presentation, “Be The Change You Want To See In Schools.” Hanging around “fabrarians” like Shannon, Joyce, Carlene and Donna (virtually or in person) gets me fired up. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- STEM, iPad & Google Workshops in June 2015 - 2015
- Technology & Innovation in Education by Jaime Casap - 2012
- Using ARIS to Create Interactive, Multimedia Enhanced Field Trips by Wes Molyneaux - 2012
- Why Every Teacher Should Become an App Creator by Chris Thompson - 2012
- Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military - 2011
- Finger Puppet Videography with the iPad2: Lessons Learned - 2011
- Wilson Rawls: Author of Where the Red Fern Grows - 2010
- Who Will Save Journalism? We will! - 2009
- Podcast244: Stories of Life on the High Seas by Jonathan Gayton in Perth, Australia to Oklahoma Over Skype - 2008
- Google Sites as a classroom learning portal - 2008