On her Weebly-powered project website, “Freeze-n-Read 4 Libraries… 4.17.10 @ 4pm everywhere” she writes:
Libraries Are Cool! If you think so, too… Freeze-n-Read on Saturday, April 17th at 4:00pm! Set your alarm now to Freeze wherever you are and chill with a good book in support of libraries!
A FAQ about the Freeze-n-Read project is available, and if you take part the project organizers invite you to email in a photo of your freeze-n-read participation! The project is dedicated to Fabrarians:
…the fabulous librarians who are bravely transforming libraries in the rapidly changing 21st century!
If you’re a Fabrarian, an aspiring Fabrarian, or know a Fabrarian, be sure to check out the following FREE K-12 Online Conference presentations about literacy, librarians and libraries in the 21st century.
Donna Desroches and Carlene Walter shared “Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership” in the 2008 K-12 Online Conference.
Every school and community desperately needs energetic, passionate, and visionary librarians like these. I was inspired last week in Iowa by Shannon Miller‘s presentation, “Be The Change You Want To See In Schools.” Hanging around “fabrarians” like Shannon, Joyce, Carlene and Donna (virtually or in person) gets me fired up. 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- STEM, iPad & Google Workshops in June 2015 - 2015
- Technology & Innovation in Education by Jaime Casap - 2012
- Using ARIS to Create Interactive, Multimedia Enhanced Field Trips by Wes Molyneaux - 2012
- Why Every Teacher Should Become an App Creator by Chris Thompson - 2012
- Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military - 2011
- Finger Puppet Videography with the iPad2: Lessons Learned - 2011
- Wilson Rawls: Author of Where the Red Fern Grows - 2010
- Who Will Save Journalism? We will! - 2009
- Podcast244: Stories of Life on the High Seas by Jonathan Gayton in Perth, Australia to Oklahoma Over Skype - 2008
- Google Sites as a classroom learning portal - 2008