What are the technology trends in April 2010 which college faculty need to understand and leverage to extend opportunities for student learning? This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared by Wesley Fryer at Northeastern State University in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, on 9 April 2010. This presentation addresses the following topics: Tablets, Cloud Computing, Social Media, Laptops / Mobile Devices, Online Publishing, Multimedia Texts, Online Video, Digital Footprints, Open Licensing / OER, and Visual Communication. Audio from shared videos has been edited out of this podcast recording. Original videos are available in the Google Presentation, linked in the podcast shownotes.
- Presentation slides on SlideShare
- Presentation slides on Google Docs (Google Presentation)
- How do you feel about students bringing laptops to class? (PollEverywhere survey results)
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- David Jakes on Learning Spaces (April 2016) - 2016
- Scratch Camp Facilitator Workshop (April 2016) - 2016
- Podcast402: Montana Teachers Share "Why We Teach" - 2013
- Understanding Why eBooks "Feel Different" - 2013
- Separate Wifi Access Point Works Best with Apple TV on Busy Network - 2012
- Tips for adding images to Custom Google Maps #gct - 2011
- Podcast345: Open Educational Resources (OER) - Iowa 1:1 Institute - 2010
- How do you feel about students bringing laptops to class? - 2010
- Learners and teachers as tour guides - 2008
- Comments I had missed - 2007