Fifteen years ago today, a twenty-six year old United States citizen and former US Army veteran detonated a 4,800 pound homemade bomb in the heart of my state capitol. 168 people were killed in the blast, including 19 children under the age of 6. More than 680 people were injured. Today we remember this tragedy, mourn the lives which were lost before their time, and give thanks for those who responded to others in need during an unthinkably tragic time.
… dedicated to educating visitors about the impact of violence, informing about events surrounding the bombing, and inspiring hope and healing through lessons learned by those affected.
On their website, you and your students can read as well as watch videos about the “lessons learned” from this tragic chapter of Oklahoma and United States history. A virtual tour of the museum is available. Let us never forget those who were killed.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tips for Parents Paying for College - 2016
- Blogs I Follow (From a Feedly OPML Export) - 2014
- Transitioning from Print to a Digital Learning Ecosystem by Richard Culatta - 2012
- Opening Remarks by Janet Barresi: Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit - 2012
- Meeting with a future education leader: What would you say in 60 minutes? - 2010
- A Slidecast on Designing School 2.0 - 2009
- Podcast312: Reinventing Education for the 21st Century (Designing School 2.0) - 2009
- links for 2008-04-19 - 2008
- Be careful, be critical - 2007
- Permission to fail - 2007