Fifteen years ago today, a twenty-six year old United States citizen and former US Army veteran detonated a 4,800 pound homemade bomb in the heart of my state capitol. 168 people were killed in the blast, including 19 children under the age of 6. More than 680 people were injured. Today we remember this tragedy, mourn the lives which were lost before their time, and give thanks for those who responded to others in need during an unthinkably tragic time.
… dedicated to educating visitors about the impact of violence, informing about events surrounding the bombing, and inspiring hope and healing through lessons learned by those affected.
On their website, you and your students can read as well as watch videos about the “lessons learned” from this tragic chapter of Oklahoma and United States history. A virtual tour of the museum is available. Let us never forget those who were killed.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Blogs I Follow (From a Feedly OPML Export) - 2014
- Transitioning from Print to a Digital Learning Ecosystem by Richard Culatta - 2012
- Opening Remarks by Janet Barresi: Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit - 2012
- Meeting with a future education leader: What would you say in 60 minutes? - 2010
- A Slidecast on Designing School 2.0 - 2009
- Podcast312: Reinventing Education for the 21st Century (Designing School 2.0) - 2009
- links for 2008-04-19 - 2008
- Be careful, be critical - 2007
- Permission to fail - 2007
- Dell laptops viable for 1:1 projects? - 2006