These are the slides for my presentation tomorrow at the 2010 Oklahoma Distance Learning Association‘s spring conference, on “Technology Trends in Higher Education.” This is a slightly tweaked version of the presentation I created from scratch and shared in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, on April 9th. That version is available as a poorly synchronized SlideCast on SlideShare, which is embedded below as well. For this ODLA version, I added a graph on mobile device use by youth shared by Kevin Hodgson in his post this week, “Computers in their Pockets.” The April 20, 2010 report from PEW is titled, “Teens and Mobile Phones.”
That April 9th presentation is also available as an audio-only podcast.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great STEM Video for Architecture and Cantilever Spans Lesson - 2014
- Bulk-Modify YouTube Videos to Turn ON Comment Moderation - 2013
- Remembering "Go Green, Go Electric" from Earth Day 2009 - 2010
- Working hard to get the public excited about MINIMUM standards - 2010
- USA Today for iPad application features beautiful photos of the day - 2010
- Advice for a higher education digital learning advocacy presentation - 2009
- NECC 2008 Button Contest: The Learning Revolution - 2008
- 2TB iPod on the way? - 2008
- links for 2008-04-22 - 2008
- And so it begins (OLPC deployment) - 2007