Last year on Earth Day for the Film on the Fly digital storytelling contest, my kids and I created the three minute and fifty second video, “Go Green, Go Electric!” My son (who was 11 at the time) did some the editing for this video using iMovie, and I did the rest. In following the rules for “Film on the Fly,” we shot all the video for this movie using a cell phone. Since we wanted different people in different scenes (and my son couldn’t legally drive the car) we alternated being the videographer and being actors in the movie.
We actually won first place in the contest. This was a lot of fun to create together, and certainly got us thinking more about the viability of electric car technology.
Thanks to Miles Electric Vehicles of Tulsa, Oklahoma for helping us with this video!
Do you have a favorite student-created video focused on Earth Day and “going green?” If so, please share the link!
Cross-posted to Learning Signs, our family learning blog.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Great STEM Video for Architecture and Cantilever Spans Lesson - 2014
- Bulk-Modify YouTube Videos to Turn ON Comment Moderation - 2013
- ODLA 2010: Technology Trends - 2010
- Working hard to get the public excited about MINIMUM standards - 2010
- USA Today for iPad application features beautiful photos of the day - 2010
- Advice for a higher education digital learning advocacy presentation - 2009
- NECC 2008 Button Contest: The Learning Revolution - 2008
- 2TB iPod on the way? - 2008
- links for 2008-04-22 - 2008
- And so it begins (OLPC deployment) - 2007