Last year on Earth Day for the Film on the Fly digital storytelling contest, my kids and I created the three minute and fifty second video, “Go Green, Go Electric!” My son (who was 11 at the time) did some the editing for this video using iMovie, and I did the rest. In following the rules for “Film on the Fly,” we shot all the video for this movie using a cell phone. Since we wanted different people in different scenes (and my son couldn’t legally drive the car) we alternated being the videographer and being actors in the movie.
We actually won first place in the contest. This was a lot of fun to create together, and certainly got us thinking more about the viability of electric car technology.
Thanks to Miles Electric Vehicles of Tulsa, Oklahoma for helping us with this video!
Do you have a favorite student-created video focused on Earth Day and “going green?” If so, please share the link!
Cross-posted to Learning Signs, our family learning blog.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great STEM Video for Architecture and Cantilever Spans Lesson - 2014
- Bulk-Modify YouTube Videos to Turn ON Comment Moderation - 2013
- ODLA 2010: Technology Trends - 2010
- Working hard to get the public excited about MINIMUM standards - 2010
- USA Today for iPad application features beautiful photos of the day - 2010
- Advice for a higher education digital learning advocacy presentation - 2009
- NECC 2008 Button Contest: The Learning Revolution - 2008
- 2TB iPod on the way? - 2008
- links for 2008-04-22 - 2008
- And so it begins (OLPC deployment) - 2007