It’s amazing to see what creative people can do with music, movies, LEGOs, and a LOT of discretionary time. If you want proof, check out some of the LEGO stopmotion videos included in Mashable’s posts “Top 10 LEGO Movie Tributes on YouTube” and “10 Best LEGO Music Videos on YouTube.” The past two summers I’ve led week long stopmotion moviemaking camps for kids, and those experiences have given me a BIG appreciation for just how much time a good stopmotion scene takes to create. The first sequence below took 440 hours to make, or 18 days! That’s a lot of time. Here are some of my favs from these two posts.
H/T to Yoon Soo Lim for sharing the Best LEGO Music Videos post. I found the LEGO Movie Tributes post after installing and using the Mashable iPhone application today waiting an hour in line for corn dogs at Frontier City.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Options for Uploading Videos to YouTube with School Filtering - 2014
- Steeply Discounted Digital Storytelling Workshops: June 5-6 & June 19-20 (Oklahoma City) - 2013
- iPad Media Camp: June & July 2013 in Oklahoma & Kansas - 2013
- Apps and Clouds: An Introduction to Internet Resources - 2012
- Join conversations in the LIVE DEN Virtual Conference - 2010
- Tales from an adventurer living off the grid - 2008
- links for 2008-04-24 - 2008
- Ian Jukes shares thoughts on YouTube - 2007
- PBWikis ad-free for educators! - 2007
- Golf, creativity, failure and learning - 2007