As an educator, you do not hear these words nearly often enough: “Thank you for your service.” Thanks for the big things and the little things you do each day which make a positive difference in the lives of the children you teach, lead, and love. Our world is a better place because of the choices you make each day, and I want to say thanks. Whether you lead a school district or serve as a teacher-aide in an elementary classroom, the job you do is important and the young people you influence are changed because of the opportunity they have each day to be with you.
Thank you. Tests and curriculum standards don’t make our schools great, great educators do. You make the difference, and it isn’t easy to do this day in and day out. Thanks for the gifts of your time, your energy, your passion, and your care. There is not an adequate price which can be paid for these contributions you make to the present generation.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Why is Oklahoma Education Policy So Screwed Up? - 2014
- Create an iPad Stand for Stopmotion from Cardboard - 2014
- Document Field Trip Learning with AudioBoo - 2013
- Create an Online Radio Show with Spreaker DJ for iPad - 2013
- Add Photo to KidBlog Post - 2012
- Is your school network ready for multi-platform collaboration? - 2011
- Online Student Portfolios: What Tools Are Best? - 2010
- Digital Storytelling as THE Disruptive Change Agent for the 21st Century Learning Revolution - 2008
- RSS: Ready for Some Stories - 2008
- The importance of choosing podcast episode titles - 2008