In February 2010, the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus stopped for a day in Yukon, Oklahoma. Several students from Yukon High School (recommended by their teachers) were selected to spend the day aboard the bus with professional musicians and teacher-educators, creating an original song and music video. “Oh, My Love” was the result of their intense work together on February 17th.
For more background about that day, check out my podcast interview with Ryan L’Esperance aboard the Lennon bus, as well as a set of photos posted to Flickr from the day. Kudos to everyone who made this day of musical creativity possible for these Oklahoma high schoolers, as well as to the musicians themselves for sharing their talents with the world!
Additional videos are available on the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus’ official YouTube channel, and the video archive on the bus’ official website. Here’s the latest video posted to their YouTube channel on April 21, 2010:
In this last video in the series provided to EQ by the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus crew, onboard engineers Kevin and Ryan relive their two-month adventure on tour with the Black Eyed Peas for their 2010 E.N.D. Tour. From Fergie’s spiky stage outfits to seas of crowds across the U.S. and moments on the bus with students, the crew, and the band, here’s a glimpse of all the action. Thanks for watching.
What a privilege for some of our Oklahoma students to be able to spend the day creating music with these amazing musicians and artists! When you hang around passionate, creative people, you can’t help but be inspired. My brief experiences on February 17th inspired me to not only “imagine peace” but also imagine more creativity, collaboration, sharing, and digital publishing in our Oklahoma schools.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Additional Books to Read on the POW/MIA Situation in Southeast Asia - 2012
- Connect your laptop to a TV - 2011
- Apple laptop battery cycle charges and warranty coverage - 2010
- Always moderate membership in educational networking sites - 2010
- AT&T billing finally figured out I don't work for them anymore - 2009
- Day 1 of SMART Notebook training at CSD - 2009
- Sharing Google Reader feeds by tag and reflections on information flow management - 2008
- links for 2008-04-27 - 2008
- Let's ask teachers to rethink assessments - 2007
- Learning, Offshoring, Feedback, Disruptive Process Innovation - 2006