Is your news feed on Facebook cluttered with status updates from people you’ve friended who are quite possibly addicted to FarmVille? I was overjoyed today to learn there’s an easy way to HIDE these updates when you’re on Facebook without “unfriending” people entirely. Here’s how.
After logging into your Facebook account, click the HIDE button next to one of your friends’ FarmVille updates.
Next, click HIDE FARMVILLE from the popup menu which is shown.
That’s it! You should now see a message confirming that future FarmVille update messages will be hidden and NOT included in your news feed.
FarmVille has been hidden from your News Feed. To manage who appears in News Feed, Edit Options.
I couldn’t find a way to do this in the iPhone Facebook application, but had to do this in a “regular” web browser.
H/T to Vern Conaway for telling me how to do this today! This method reminds me of Clay Shirky‘s comment that TMI (too much information) is often the result of “filter failure.” I’m glad to be able to filter out FarmVille updates from my Facebook news feed!
This tip is available via the Facebook Help pages too.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Robotics, Stories, Stopmotion, Enhanced eBooks, Coding & More at PLAYDATE OKC May 10th - 2014
- Create YouTube Channel with Custom URL (April 2013) - 2013
- Checking Algebra and Geometry Problems with WolframAlpha - 2012
- Help Needed! WordPress commenting isn't working (WordPress database error Duplicate entry) - 2009
- Visualizing Twitter - 2009
- Continuing dialog about creativity in schools, student technology skills and content filtering - 2008
- links for 2008-04-29 - 2008
- Collaboration in schools: More reasons we need it - 2007
- Import Garageband Audio at 44.1 - 2006
- Site visit UT College of Education: Year 3 of One to One Computing - 2005