I watch almost zero television these days, but thanks to this Open Culture post I was able to watch 45 minutes of Conan O’Brien from his visit to Google last week. I watched this as a full screen video on my iPad. This is the future of TV, today.
How appropriate his tour is called the “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour.”
Since the iPad doesn’t show YouTube embed code when you watch videos, I used this Tools 4 Noobs page to generate the embed code. A little tedious, but not horrible. The iPad is not a phenomenal blogging platform at this point, but it is much better than the iPhone because of the larger keyboard size.
This afternoon when my wife was watching TV, she actually reached for the screen to “pinch” part of the image and make it larger. I think that’s a clear sign she has grown very accustomed to Apple’s multitouch technology on her iPhone! We are not able to pinch and resize images on our TV, but we can on our phones and tablets. The future of TV watching is more interactive than ever before. It’s also (I hope, like my experience watching Conan today) mostly advertisement-free. That is exciting indeed.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009