I watch almost zero television these days, but thanks to this Open Culture post I was able to watch 45 minutes of Conan O’Brien from his visit to Google last week. I watched this as a full screen video on my iPad. This is the future of TV, today.
How appropriate his tour is called the “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour.”
Since the iPad doesn’t show YouTube embed code when you watch videos, I used this Tools 4 Noobs page to generate the embed code. A little tedious, but not horrible. The iPad is not a phenomenal blogging platform at this point, but it is much better than the iPhone because of the larger keyboard size.
This afternoon when my wife was watching TV, she actually reached for the screen to “pinch” part of the image and make it larger. I think that’s a clear sign she has grown very accustomed to Apple’s multitouch technology on her iPhone! We are not able to pinch and resize images on our TV, but we can on our phones and tablets. The future of TV watching is more interactive than ever before. It’s also (I hope, like my experience watching Conan today) mostly advertisement-free. That is exciting indeed.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009
- Adware blocked by OpenDNS - 2008
- Innovative teachers wanted under the Big Tree in SF! - 2008