Combine powerful ideas from Dan Pink, an extremely talented artist, stopmotion photography and Youtube: What do you get? The almost-eleven minute video, “RSA Animate – Drive.” This is one of the best visual presentations of ideas I’ve ever seen.
School administrators and politicians, are you listening? As educators we need to be.
Sean Griffin‘s artistic live-drawing of Oklahoma SDE-sponsored summit on dropouts in March 2009 immediately came to mind when I saw this, along with Rachel Smith’s recent iPad sketches at Northern Voice 2010. It’s amazing to see time-lapse / stopmotion video of these creations with a superimposed audio-track, as RSA did with this Dan Pink presentation. VERY effective method for visual presentations.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 12 Gigs in 3 Minutes - 2014
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008
- Article consumption on the go - 2008