Social media’s not a fad, and it’s high time educational leaders with positional authority, university faculty, PK-12 administrators, classroom teachers, librarians, parents, and other leaders for learning took notice. “Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh)” is a 4.5 minute video which makes this point with statistics and images reminiscent of “Did You Know 4.0.”
Some of the style in this video (typing in web browser windows) reminds me of Michael Wesch‘s video, “The Machine is Us/ing Us (Final Version.)” I still think it’s one of the best videos anyone has created to date explaining the basic technological advances which continue to transform our communications landscape.
While it’s getting easier to convince others “the world is changing technologically, and we need to change too” it’s more challenging to answer the question, “WHAT should we do in light of these changes?” Part of my answer to that question is “Powerful Ingredients 4 Blended Learning.” Other answers are Storychasers and the K-12 Online Conference. As Kevin Honeycutt would say, those are all “vineyards in which I toil today with passion” to grow a crop with others which will transform the world.
H/T to Karlie Justus for sharing the Social Media Revolution 2 video.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 12 Gigs in 3 Minutes - 2014
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008
- Article consumption on the go - 2008