If you are a PK-20 teacher in Kansas, you’re invited to apply now to participate in a 2.5 day “Celebrate Kansas Voices” digital storytelling workshop to be held at Kansas State University 4-6 August 2010. Enrollment in CKV workshops is limited to 25 participants.
A complete agenda for the CKV workshop is available. Participants will learn how to:
- Plan and storyboard a short (3-5 minute) digital story
- Record audio using a portable digital recorder and a headset/microphone
- Edit a multi-track audio file using Audacity software (free/open source)
- Find and collect copyright friendly images for use in a media project using homegrown/public domain sources, images licensed under Creative Commons, and images utilized under fair use provisions of US copyright law
- Combine audio with images using free software (PhotoStory3 or iMovie)
- Safely publish a short (3-5 minute) video online in our learning community
CKV is presented by Storychasers, and is modeled on the successful “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” digital storytelling project. Anyone is welcome to learn more about “Celebrate Kansas Voices” by joining our free, online learning community: celebratekansas.ning.com. Questions about CKV can be directed to Storychasers.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Teacher Personal Laptop Purchase Advice: Mac Laptop or Chromebook - 2017
- Director of Technology - Casady School - 2015
- Directly Download an Enhanced ePUB eBook to Your iPad - 2012
- YouTube is the new Cable Channel Platform - 2012
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com - 2011
- Digital Storytelling in Plain English - 2010
- Skirky and Pink on Cognitive Surplus, Motivation & Social Media - 2010
- What does 21st century literacy prep mean 2U? - 2010
- Leave shopping loyalty cards at home - just bring your smartphone and Cardstar - 2010
- Howe 2008: The Last Lecture - 2008