This week Kevin Honeycutt has been in Oklahoma City, attending a Storychasers Phase 1 Workshop (Celebrate Oklahoma Voices) and today keynoting the Oklahoma City Public School’s annual Tech Day conference. Kevin is a true artist, and taught K-12 art in a small Kansas town before becoming one of the most inspirational educational conference speakers around. This evening our family got to hang out with him and have fun drawing with sidewalk chalk as well as LED light pens. Last month Alexander and I attended a workshop in Oklahoma City where we learned to make our own LED light pens and then “draw” with them. For more background on how we did this, see my April 10th post, “Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity.” Here are some of my favorite images from this evening. If you compare the LED light pen drawings Alexander and I created on our own, and the drawings Kevin helped with tonight, you can see what a marked difference it can make to have a VERY talented artist in the house!
I think we’re going to have to plan some kind of geek lock-in with Storychasers using a EduBloggerCon model or something in the next year. It’s FUN to have opportunities like we did tonight to be CREATIVE together! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Puerto Rican Blackout: Bank Regulation, Bureaucratic Inefficiency and Leadership - 2018
- Inspiration from a Navy Seal (William McRaven) and NBA Player (Caron Butler) - 2014
- Controversy Surrounds OKCPS Transfer Rejections for ClassenSAS - 2013
- Migrating Podcasts from a Web Host to Amazon S3 - 2013
- Gotta Keep Learning! Video Remix by Steed Elementary Students in Oklahoma - 2011
- We've come so far, so fast - And we need more digital witnesses in the Oklahoma panhandle! - 2009
- Amazed by international connections - 2008
- Reflections on IQ, cognitive development, and distributed learning - 2008
- A science fair project changing the world? - 2008
- Diigo difficulties - 2008