How many shoeboxes or albums of photographs have you seen which contain stories no one documented? In her five minute video, “What’s Your Story? The Importance of Telling the Stories of Your Photos,” MidDel Public Schools, Oklahoma educator Margaret Nan Harkey makes a compelling case for why we ALL need to help document the stories of our photos.
This video would be an excellent curricular resource for anyone engaging in a digital storytelling project. The digital tools now at our fingertips which can enable us to archive the events, stories, and people of our lives have phenomenal power. Margaret did a great job in this video making the case for WHY we need to take our responsibilities seriously as documentarians for our families and communities.
This video and others from our Celebrate Oklahoma Voices workshop in MidDel Public Schools last week are now featured in the COV Learning Community. Celebrate Oklahoma Voices is a statewide oral history project presented by the nonprofit Storychasers.
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Creating Innovators in a Common Core World - 2012
- Learning at Uhaul.com? - 2010
- Whitelist for next week's OKCPS Tech Day Presentations - 2009
- Educational vendors supporting Linux? - 2009
- Transparency of coursecasting comes to kindergarten - 2008
- links for 2008-05-29 - 2008
- Podcast254: Coaching and Leading Faculty on the Blended Learning Journey: An Interview with Scott Charlson - 2008