These are my notes from Charlie Mahoney‘s session “Stop Motion Animation – A Hands-On Workshop & Classroom Use Discussion” at iConnect iLearn 2010 on 3 June 2010. MY THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ARE IN ALL CAPS.
– Charlie’s Google Presentation slides / links
Stopmotion is not just claymation
– it is a breeding ground for thinking outside the box and creativity
GREAT resources for stopmotion movie making from Tonya Witherspoon: www.education.wichita.edu/claymation
Storyboarding ahead of time is critical
– knowing what you are going to do, and the kids are going to do
– using armatures is a good idea (a framework around which the sculpture is built)
Putting a title and some music with your animation makes it more fun to watch
I use “frame by frame” software (FREE) to create stopmotion
This is an amazing animation using a whiteboard: “Minilogue/hitchhikers choice – short version”
Issues we discussed:
– need for boundaries / discussing what is appropriate / inappropriate
– consider using good writing prompts as video prompts (creativewritingprompts.com is great)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Brainstorming Ideas to Improve Industry and K12 School Connections in Oklahoma #workforceok - 2011
- Educational Pipeline Challenges in Oklahoma #workforceok - 2011
- Resources from today's #icil2010 presentations - 2010
- Ready for the tablet glut? Meet the 2 x 14" Kno - 2010
- Digital Storytelling on a Shoestring - 2009
- Tammy Worcester Keynote at OKCPS TechDay09 - 2009
- Our musical performer tonight is George Bush - 2007
- $100 laptop prototype demo - 2006