Part 1 of 2: This podcast is a recording of a presentation by Wesley Fryer on June 16, 2010, in San Antonio, Texas, at the summer administrative leadership conference for Northeast ISD. This was a 2+ hour presentation, so the recordings have been separated into two parts. See the podcast shownotes for links to referenced videos and resources. (Audio from shared videos has been edited out of this recording.) The session description was: Much of the world has gone digital, so must learning at school. Creativity is vital, and good leadership matters. Stagnant, accomodation-level technology integration makes technology investments in our schools a waste of money. School leaders can and should encourage teachers to use digital learning tools in transformative ways to open new doors of opportunity for students as well as parents. By focusing on creating, communicating / sharing, and collaborating, principals can help develop a shared instructional vocabularly with teachers which is focused on student engagement. Without creation, there can be no creativity. How will you let your students create? How will you give students choices? How will your students teach the curriculum? These are essential questions to ask together with teachers, as we seek to effectively (and legally) “talk with media / pictures” and leverage the constructive power of digital media tools for learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Part 2 of this presentation shared as an audio podcast
- Referenced videos and links
- Presentation slides and videos on SlideShare
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Enter to Win 2 FREE Tickets to iPad Media Camp: July 26-28, 2016 - 2016
- Perspective: The Real Challenge Facing IT in Education #fail-learn - 2012
- Convivial Technologies, Storychasers and Digital Storytelling - 2011
- Sharing by default and empowering others to share - 2009
- Blogging TCEA 2006: Create, Share & Access - 2009
- Got Storm Stories to Share? - 2008
- Join the NECC 2008 Ning! - 2008
- Updates on OLPC (June 2008) - 2008
- EncycloMedia 2008 session proposals - 2008
- links for 2008-06-16 - 2008