Part 2 of 2: This podcast is a recording of a presentation by Wesley Fryer on June 16, 2010, in San Antonio, Texas, at the summer administrative leadership conference for Northeast ISD. This was a 2+ hour presentation, so the recordings have been separated into two parts. See the podcast shownotes for links to referenced videos and resources. (Audio from shared videos has been edited out of this recording.) The session description was: Much of the world has gone digital, so must learning at school. Creativity is vital, and good leadership matters. Stagnant, accomodation-level technology integration makes technology investments in our schools a waste of money. School leaders can and should encourage teachers to use digital learning tools in transformative ways to open new doors of opportunity for students as well as parents. By focusing on creating, communicating / sharing, and collaborating, principals can help develop a shared instructional vocabularly with teachers which is focused on student engagement. Without creation, there can be no creativity. How will you let your students create? How will you give students choices? How will your students teach the curriculum? These are essential questions to ask together with teachers, as we seek to effectively (and legally) “talk with media / pictures” and leverage the constructive power of digital media tools for learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Part 1 of this presentation shared as an audio podcast
- Referenced videos and links
- Presentation slides and videos on SlideShare
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- #playingwithmedia Digital Fabrication in the Classroom - 2012
- Best things about the Barnes and Noble Nook eBook Reader - 2010
- A recipe and tutorial for iPhone GS mobile video blogging - 2009
- Space tourism coming in 2010 - 2009
- Have a relative without email? Send them a letter with photos - via email! - 2009
- U.S. farm subsidies, Land Runs, and Hopelessness in the Dust Bowl - 2009
- Our schools need passionate, caring, and visionary leaders - not JUST technology - 2008
- Guidelines for Non-commercial Recording and Podcasting at Educational Conferences - 2008
- Good News: ISTE revises Recording Code of Conduct for NECC 2008 - 2008
- Highlights from EduComm07 and Anaheim - 2007