Tomorrow our initial three days of the “Oklahoma Creativity Institute” for fifty K-12 teachers starts in Oklahoma City. I’m VERY enthused to be co-facilitating this with Tammy Parks, thanks to the hard work of an entire team including staff at Oklahoma A+ Schools. I’ve created two new handouts for the Institute which you’re free to utilize and share as desired. These are:
If you’re not familiar with and currently using both Posterous and iPadio, scan these quickstart guides to get started! These are both fantastic, FREE web services and currently my two favorite ways to share rich media content online!
All the Quickstart guides we’ll use in our workshop are available on our handouts wiki page. These include handouts for Audacity, iMovie, portable digital audio recorders, media project planning, a digital storytelling map, PhotoStory3, Using Compfight to save copyright-friendly images, and Google Maps. Many of these were created as handouts for the Celebrate Oklahoma Voices project.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- July PD in OKC: Google Docs, iPad Media Camp & Scratch Camp - 2012
- Storychasing NASA History at Space Center Houston - 2011
- Dell Inspiron duo Convertible Tablet at the Microsoft Store - 2011
- The Marketing Slogans I'd Give AT&T - 2011
- Screentime stats for youth and the Open Learning Exchange via @fastcompany - 2010
- More book recommendations about the Middle East and Islam - 2010
- iTunes Account for a Child without a Credit Card - 2009
- 21st Century Skills Our Students Need - 2008
- A Message for my School Board - 2008
- links for 2008-07-06 - 2008