This evening I’m staying at a hotel where wireless Internet (wifi) is not available in my room, but a free wired Internet connection IS provided. These are the steps I followed to create a temporary, “ad-hoc” wireless network (a wifi hotspot) using my Apple laptop.
After following these steps, I was able to connect my iPad to the “new” wifi network I created, and access the Internet wirelessly.
I love Macs.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- With TweetChat Offline, What Websites are Best for Twitter Edchats? - 2013
- Unplugging, Devices, Camping, Spades and Fairy Houses - 2013
- Supporting STEM Skills with Scratch #innovation2011 - 2011
- How are you dealing with TMI? (Too Much Information) - 2009
- Expectations of doing much with little - 2008
- links for 2008-07-07 - 2008
- K-12 Online Conference 2007 Presenters! - 2007
- Good, free FTP client - 2006