This evening I’m staying at a hotel where wireless Internet (wifi) is not available in my room, but a free wired Internet connection IS provided. These are the steps I followed to create a temporary, “ad-hoc” wireless network (a wifi hotspot) using my Apple laptop.
After following these steps, I was able to connect my iPad to the “new” wifi network I created, and access the Internet wirelessly.
I love Macs.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- With TweetChat Offline, What Websites are Best for Twitter Edchats? - 2013
- Unplugging, Devices, Camping, Spades and Fairy Houses - 2013
- Supporting STEM Skills with Scratch #innovation2011 - 2011
- How are you dealing with TMI? (Too Much Information) - 2009
- Expectations of doing much with little - 2008
- links for 2008-07-07 - 2008
- K-12 Online Conference 2007 Presenters! - 2007
- Good, free FTP client - 2006