Campaigning for November elections here in Oklahoma is in full swing, but to date I feel largely uninformed. I want a mobile application or iOS app which lets me identify where I vote, and then provides me with information about all the candidates for whom I can vote in November. The app should also include web feed / RSS feed content from individual candidate sites. If I wasn’t working on two major writing projects right now I might actually entertain the idea of writing or paying to have this mobile app created. We need this for our republic, to empower ourselves to be more informed voters. Does an app like this exist anywhere yet? Road signs like those below (which I snapped with my iPhone this morning from the car and cropped with CropForFree) don’t help me become a more informed and educated voter.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast416: Reflections on Create, Make & Learn 2014 - 2014
- Migrating from Podcast Generator to WordPress and Podlove - 2013
- Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Store: A Click Away from "Adult" Content - 2012
- 17 Embedded Videos and Screencasts in Playing with Media EPUB eBook - 2011
- Is your state department of education providing full text RSS / web feeds yet? - 2010
- Coming in November 2010: Harry Potter 7 (Part 1) - 2010
- Learning, memory, stories, and books to read - 2009
- Thoughts about an after school Scratch club - 2009
- Fish4Info, Mike Schmoker, Robert Marzo, and School Change - 2008
- Podcast266: Open Minds, Open Education, and a View of Open Culture by David Thornburg (NECC 2008) - 2008