This podcast is a fortuitous interview recording with Stacia Reddish, who was the US Air Force Public Affairs officer in charge of the “NORAD Tracks Santa” program for five years. Stacia was responsible for getting Google involved with NORAD Tracks Santa and taking the program (which dates from the 1950s) to the next level with Google Earth, KML files, embedded YouTube videos, and more. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to the official NORAD Tracks Santa website, YouTube channel, and more. I interviewed Stacia at Camp Alexander, Colorado, when we were both there for the closing campfire of our boys’ summer camp experience.
- Official NORAD Tracks Santa website (active December 1st)
- Track Santa in Google Earth (active December 1st)
- NORAD Tracks Santa Official YouTube Channel
- NORAD Tracks Santa Wikipedia article
- NORAD’s Information Page about NORAD Tracks Santa
- NORAD Tracks Santa 2009 Trailer (YouTube)
- NORAD Tracks Santa 2008 Trailer (YouTube)
- Google Earth
- Camp Alexander, Colorado
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast406: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008
- Beware the dangers of multi-tasking - 2007