This podcast is a fortuitous interview recording with Stacia Reddish, who was the US Air Force Public Affairs officer in charge of the “NORAD Tracks Santa” program for five years. Stacia was responsible for getting Google involved with NORAD Tracks Santa and taking the program (which dates from the 1950s) to the next level with Google Earth, KML files, embedded YouTube videos, and more. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to the official NORAD Tracks Santa website, YouTube channel, and more. I interviewed Stacia at Camp Alexander, Colorado, when we were both there for the closing campfire of our boys’ summer camp experience.
- Update 24 Dec 2014: Google’s New Santa Tracker website
- Official NORAD Tracks Santa website (active December 1st)
- Track Santa in Google Earth (active December 1st)
- NORAD Tracks Santa Official YouTube Channel
- NORAD Tracks Santa Wikipedia article
- NORAD’s Information Page about NORAD Tracks Santa
- NORAD Tracks Santa 2009 Trailer (YouTube)
- NORAD Tracks Santa 2008 Trailer (YouTube)
- Google Earth
- Camp Alexander, Colorado
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast454: Inspiring Student Creativity with Media #KVATE2017 - 2017
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Podcast406: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom by Jennifer Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008