This afternoon I’m learning with educators participating in the week long “Oklahoma Multimedia Teachers” workshop on convergence journalism at OU’s Gaylord College of Journalism. This is the third year of the workshop here in Oklahoma, which is part of the High School Broadcast Journalism (HSBJ) Project. Earlier in the week, Mike Koehler shared a host of resources with workshop participants highlighting examples of convergence journalism which he’s helped create in his work for NewsOK (The Oklahoman) and independently for his company, Smirk New Media. Tammy Parks is making sure resources and links from the different sessions this week are archived on the HSBJ workshop forum for this week. As a Storychaser, I LOVE these examples of digital storytelling and convergence journalism / media.
I only have a few minutes before I present today, but I want to briefly share some of the fantastic resources which Mike discussed earlier this week. Tammy showed me these briefly today after I arrived.
NewsOK | nDepth – A great collection of stories about individuals sharing amazing life experiences
One Man, One Vote – Robert Jones’ Journey from Jim Crow to Barack Obama (an example from the nDepth website collection)
I love sites which use geo-apps like Google Maps in this way, to empower visitors to access photos, videos, text, and STORIES through geographic exploration.
Woo hoo for convergence journalism – and for creative, passionate storytelling geeks!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Publishing eBooks to Amazon and iTunes iBookstore: Learning Curve Continues - 2011
- Federal Guidance for ARRA Funds Released - 2009
- Digital Voice Recorders Turn Students Into Interviewers - 2009
- NOTk12onlineconference.org - 2008
- Fix for Podpress and WordPress 2.6 compatibility issue - 2008
- Podcast268: Conversations with Scott Swanson and April Hope about the first OLPC High School Student Chapter, 1 to 1 Laptop Immersion with Tablet PCs, and EduBloggerCon 2008 Student Reflections - 2008
- 1st Scratch Lesson with Alexander - 2007
- Podcast74E: Safe Digital Social Networking - 2006
- Podcast74: Safe Digital Social Networking - 2006
- The present and future of leftist national politics - 2006