If you’ve never been camping and enjoyed s’mores, add that to your bucket list. Here’s my latest contribution to the “Tell A Story in 5 Photos for Educators” Flickr group, using a few images from our family adventures in the Pecos wilderness the past few days.
While our family DOES own some wire marshmallow roasting sticks, which make the process of cooking s’mores a bit easier, we are definitely NOT going to invest $13 a pop on Spinmallow electric rotating sticks. We saw these for sale today in Pecos, New Mexico. Perhaps something like this appeals to campers who yearn for something electronic in their hands, when they leave the remote control at home, but personally I think this is ridiculous.
I’ll be sharing a few more photos and videos from our recent trip to New Mexico amidst other slides, stories, and ideas this week in Canyon ISD, Texas. Consider using the “tell a story in 5 photos” lesson idea with your own students this year – It’s a great way to emphasize digital literacy and visual storytelling. My s’more contribution this evening makes the 70th example in our Flickr group, which you’re welcome to join!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Create iPad eBooks with Recorded Audio and Text Highlights FREE - 2013
- Mapping Media to the Common Core with iPads (Aug 2013) - 2013
- What is it about me you can’t teach? Five Simple Things to Reach Struggling Learners - 2012
- Present to 14 iPads Simultaneously with Idea Flight - 2011
- Lessons Learned About Enhanced or Multimedia EPUB eBook Validation - 2011
- Discouraging lecture hall technology abuse - Encouraging interactive discussions - 2009
- iPhone GS Black Screen During Calls Mystery Solved - 2009
- Digital Witness to the U.S. Presidential Inauguration - 2009
- Welcome Derek Baird, guest blogger! - 2008
- Podcast273: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast08 - Screencasting for Learning - 2008