If you’ve never been camping and enjoyed s’mores, add that to your bucket list. Here’s my latest contribution to the “Tell A Story in 5 Photos for Educators” Flickr group, using a few images from our family adventures in the Pecos wilderness the past few days.
While our family DOES own some wire marshmallow roasting sticks, which make the process of cooking s’mores a bit easier, we are definitely NOT going to invest $13 a pop on Spinmallow electric rotating sticks. We saw these for sale today in Pecos, New Mexico. Perhaps something like this appeals to campers who yearn for something electronic in their hands, when they leave the remote control at home, but personally I think this is ridiculous.
I’ll be sharing a few more photos and videos from our recent trip to New Mexico amidst other slides, stories, and ideas this week in Canyon ISD, Texas. Consider using the “tell a story in 5 photos” lesson idea with your own students this year – It’s a great way to emphasize digital literacy and visual storytelling. My s’more contribution this evening makes the 70th example in our Flickr group, which you’re welcome to join!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How Are We Preparing Students for the Artificial Intelligence New Normal? - 2017
- First Android-Edited Video: WeVideo App - 2014
- Wii Remote Interactive Whiteboard for $60 - 2014
- Create iPad eBooks with Recorded Audio and Text Highlights FREE - 2013
- Mapping Media to the Common Core with iPads (Aug 2013) - 2013
- What is it about me you can’t teach? Five Simple Things to Reach Struggling Learners - 2012
- Present to 14 iPads Simultaneously with Idea Flight - 2011
- Lessons Learned About Enhanced or Multimedia EPUB eBook Validation - 2011
- Discouraging lecture hall technology abuse - Encouraging interactive discussions - 2009
- iPhone GS Black Screen During Calls Mystery Solved - 2009