Cheryl Freeman is a math teacher at Canyon High School, in Canyon, Texas, and presented “Cool Tech Tools for the Classroom” on August 17, 2010 during the district’s annual professional development fall conference. I was not able to attend this session in person, but Debbie Boyer enthusiastically recommended Cheryl as an innovative presenter and Cheryl generously gave permission for me to record and share this session. The official description of the session was: Participants will experience easy ways to incorporate web and other technology into the classroom. Examples include instant polling, cellphone activities, random student selectors. Applicable to any grade level, but our focus will be 7-12. [END] All the websites Cheryl shared during this session are linked from her social bookmarks on www.delicious.com/cfreeman806.
- Social bookmarks of Cheryl Freeman (her links shared via delicious.com for this presentation)
- Canyon High School, Texas
- Canyon ISD, Texas
- Photos from the Canyon ISD Fall 2010 Conference
- Presentation slides and videos from my presentation at Canyon, “Empowering 21st Century Learners“
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Jonah Lehrer, Integrity and Quotation Fabrication: A Case Study in Writing Ethics - 2012
- A New DNA of Pedagogy and Learning (YouTube video - Greg Whitby by Marco Torres) - 2010
- Great Lineup of Keynote Speakers for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Questioning the potential value of Skype and videoconferencing in the classroom? - 2009
- Another digital divide: Understanding Learning Community Power - 2009
- Webcasts tonight: Teachers are Talking and Storychasers - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education from Kirk Humphreys - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education by V. Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State Univ - 2008
- Notes from Dr. Pedro Noguera’s Keynote at BLC08: "Changing the Culture of Schools: Creating Conditions that Promote Student Achievement" - 2008
- You CAN take it with you! by Bob Sprankle - 2007