If you’ve heard of projects like the Millennium Photo Project and 24 Hours of Flickr, you’ll readily understand the basic idea behind the “One Day on Earth” video documentary project. In one twenty-four hour period of time, 10.10.10 or October 10, 2010, volunteers from around the world on seven continents will work together to document our day. This 2 minute, 30 second video provides an overview.
What are you planning to do on Sunday, October 10th this year? Why not storychase with thousands of others around the world? Customized educational toolkits are available for teachers who will work with students on this project. Participation is very straightforward: Sign up, Document, Share and View.
The founding principles of “One Day on Earth” are Perspective, Inclusivity, Individuality, Community, Education, and Technology. More information about each of these principles is available.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create an iOS iMovie Video Collage with YouTube Contributions - 2014
- Change the Tagline of Your WordPress.com Website - 2014
- Free eBook: Henry Jenkins on Participatory Culture and Media Education - 2010
- Your unique, non-corporate voice MATTERS - 2010
- Remix Viral Media to Create Viral Media - 2010
- Using brain waves to control robotic arms, value of diverse podcast subscriptions - 2009
- Can't delete Akismet spam comments in latest WordPress - 2008
- Filmmakers document incredible courage of Liberian women - 2008
- No Ning networks for students under age 13, Monitored ePals email Accounts - 2008
- Thoughts on keyboarding and cursive - 2007