The World Expo is currently running in Shanghai, China, and yesterday I had an opportunity to spend about six hours there touring some of the country pavilions. According to the official Shanghai Expo website, as of day 144 there have been over 53 million visitors from around the world to this year’s exposition. Yesterday alone there were just under 300,000 visitors.
I created the following 20 frame VoiceThread digital story to share some of the images and my perceptions of my visit yesterday to the pavilions of Oman, Iran, Qatar, and Israel.
I’ve uploaded about 100 of my photos from yesterday to a Flickr set, and will be uploading the rest (along with about 12 videos) in upcoming days. Please chime in on the VoiceThread with your own comments, questions, and reflections.
It’s wonderful how a simple smile has such power to transcend barriers of language, politics, and culture.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast431: Encouraging Digital Sharing by Early Majority Teachers - 2015
- Teaching iPad Videography From 3800 Miles Away - 2014
- Copying the Textbook is NOT an Acceptable Assignment - 2012
- New Video Editing Options with YouTube's Browser-based Editor and Magisto - 2011
- Making the Case for Sharing Curriculum Openly Online - 2011
- Radio Program for Playing with Media? - 2011
- Create animated cartoon videos with GoAnimate #learning2cn - 2010
- Takeaways from the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference - 2009
- New South Wales: The One to Watch as a Scaled 1:1 Deployment - 2009
- Mysterious Macbook mouse button problem - 2007