This evening I shared an hour long presentation at our church for parents about Internet safety and digital citizenship. Among other resources, I shared the Google Family Safety Center, Google’s Family Internet Safety YouTube channel, and the recently posted 2.5 minute video, “Parents at Google UK talking about child safety online.”
I really like the balanced and practical ways these Google employees approach Internet safety with their own families. It’s wonderful for Google to share these kinds of video vignettes, I think they provide a good way to frame a balanced discussion with parents focused on Internet safety and digital citizenship issues.
I audio recorded our session and will post it soon, with all referenced resources, on the Eyes Right blog. Although some links are a bit out of date, I also shared my older PBworks / Teach Digital Internet Safety wiki site.
For a recent student-focused presentation on Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship, check out the following SlideShare Slidecast from September 12th in Alva, Oklahoma.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- How Microsoft is Poised to Destroy MinecraftEDU - 2016
- Managing WordPress Installations in CPANEL (Monday Sept 28th) - 2015
- Don't Equate Competency With Identity - 2014
- First iPad Digital Story with Hokusai and iMovie for iPad - 2012
- Join the K12Online08 flashback and K12Online09 preview - LIVE this Saturday on EdTechTalk! - 2009
- Help needed with WordPress plugin theme file syntax - 2009
- Digital Nation Call for Participation - Thinking about Digital Learning Activities - 2009
- COV project website updates and a group for Oklahoma TitleIID winning districts - 2008
- Delicious visual tag clouds, Classroom eZines, Wikis as files and Creating the Universe with Spore - 2008
- Podcast282: A Conversation with Superintendent Doug Taylor about Student Engagement, Digital Storytelling, and Collaborative Digital Technologies - 2008